And here is the last demo of World of Thieves, a 3D adventure/stealth game between “Zelda” and “Beyond Good and Evil“. Don’t hesitate to test/share/reblog/comment/like if you want to help me!
All downloads are 32-bits
Survey: Don’t forget to complete the online survey after playing the game!
Bug hunt: As usual, contact me for bugs or any feedback.
Get all the news: if you don’t want to miss anything, subscribe, or follow me on facebook!
No MAC OS or Linux ?
The demo filesize is getting bigger and bigger on every new release. That’s why I only share the Windows demo on this post. If you’re really interested in Linux/MacOS demos, send me a mail/comment/contact form/whatever to tell me. But the final release will be on Windows, MacOS and Linux.
What’s new since the last demo?
The main new things are:
- A few concepts/tries for a villa design (new level) (not in the demo)
- Better HUD effects and lighting for pickable items
- 3 new aquatic animals (not in the demo)
- 1 “boss theme” music (not in the demo)
- 1 new level in the thief Guild (that was quite long…)
- New props: jars, rocks, decals, water particles …
- Lia’s quest is now only available after the pirate level
- Enemies and breakable items now generate power ups.
- A few additional dialog lines
- Better map display with local and global/world view, taking into acount map items.
- Lots of bug fixes:input priority fix while on the turtle back, recoding of switch mechanics enabling the activation of various gameplay blocks (platforms, doors, …) with multiple links, bug fix of annoying auto-slide when trying to climb on a wall edge, smoother transition from slide to jump, better scene bounds computation for nav graph generation, …
What’s broken ?
You didn’t expect everything to work perfectly, did you? I’m aware of a few bugs/regressions:
- A little display bug when you get the package from Reno, near the end of the demo
- Some of the enemies might get “stuck” on a wall in the dungeon of the “Bo Trial”
- Environments are still a bit empty
- Some sounds must be re-designed
- You won’t always know what switches activate especially in the Bo Trial Dungeon)… Try to understand 🙂
- ZQSD or WASD: move the character. It’s both AZERTY and QWERTY compatible
- Space: jump and climb
- Shift: crouch, fall and block
- Mouse move: move the camera
- E: weapon selection menu
- Left click: main weapon (Bo) or contextual action
- Right click: secondary weapon
- Tab: inventory/map/missions
Have fun! Peace!